Walking through the business world may be challenging and expensive, especially when you’re just getting your feet wet. It needs an established business plan, MVP, and, most importantly, funds in order to launch your business.
Don’t fret! We’ve been there too and we totally understand you.
In partnership with Amazon Web Services, Apper organized a three-day Bootcamp last November 11, 18, and 25 for pre-seed and pre-VC startups seeking how they can Start Right their startup journey. The Bootcamp was geared towards helping startups develop their MVP and business plan, as well as learn how to build and scale on the Amazon Web Services (AWS) ecosystem. Around 22 startups have participated in the program, where they had the opportunity to take part in an interactive group training session on everything they’ll need to launch their startup, from creating a business plan to raising funds.
The first day began with a brief introduction by the AWS team and Apper, followed by an overview of leveraging to the Cloud and Amazon Web Services. A group mentoring session was conducted with the Apper coaches and the AWS team, where all of the attendees took part. They were given advice on how to build a business plan, understand customers, value proposition, market feasibility, teams, and more.
Moving forward, day 2 of the Bootcamp was a blast. Apper Cloud Enablement Team has shared their insights and provided demos on AWS Managed Services and Machine Learning Services to showcase how startups can benefit from it. Here are some key takeaways of the workshop:
AWS Managed Services:
- AWS Elastic Beanstalk is an As-A-Service cloud platform that provides the heavy lifting of provisioning of infrastructure.
- It handles deployment details, capacity provisioning, load balancing, scaling, and application health monitoring
- You can either scale up or down by using vertical or horizontal scaling. Java,.NET, PHP,Node.js, Python, Ruby, Go, and Docker are among the application platforms that AWS Elastic Beanstalk supports.
- Amazon Relational Database Service is a managed relational database service for Amazon Aurora, MySQL, MariaDB, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, and PostgreSQL.
- Includes a highly scalable storage, automated backups, DB snapshots and multi-AZ deployments
- Provides world class security with encryption, network isolation (VPC), and resource-level permissions.
- An easy to navigate platform using Amazon CloudWatch, automatic software patching, and event notifications
AWS Machine Learning Services
- Amazon Rekognition is capable of analyzing thousand of images and videos, even, skewed and distorted, using a pre-trained or customizable computer vision APIs
- Amazon Personalize enables developers to create apps that can provide a wide range of personalized experiences while also delivering infrastructure and managing the overall machine learning process.
- Amazon Fraud Protector allows customers to recognize potentially fraudulent activities and quickly detect more online fraud.
- Amazon Lex utilizes powerful natural language models for building conversational interfaces, allowing users to create conversational chatbots and FAQs responses.
- Amazon Polly is a text-to-speech conversion tool that works in multiple languages and may be used in various mobile applications such as newsreaders, games, eLearning platforms.
- Amazon Transcribe uses a deep learning process called automatic speech recognition (ASR) to quickly and reliably transform audio and video materials
Moreso, Apper held another group mentoring session with the Top 10 Team Qualified for mentoring/fund raising program. The attendees were then introduced to the fundamentals of fundraising and how they can use it for their businesses. As the Bootcamp comes to an end, it highlighted the AWS Lab Session, particularly Amazon Amplify Lab Session and Amazon Lex Lab Session.
Leveraging the cloud with AWS infrastructure will surely be beneficial for startups. Most of its services do not have any upfront costs and you’ll only have to pay for the resources you’ve used. This is the way startups put themselves up for success.
Kick off your startup journey with efficient and cost-effective solutions.
Follow us on our social media pages to keep you updated on our latest workshops and webinars.