The 2nd Edition of the World of Consumer Electronics Expo (WOCEE) WIRED brought together some of the country’s most innovative brands as they explored and shared their insights on cloud evolution and how the intersection of innovative people together with smarter collectives and machines can help startups and businesses like you drive your work into the future.
In partnership with Worldbex Services International, Apper Digital Inc. took part in Tech Talk last August 26. This webinar series by WOCEE highlighted timely and engaging discussions on industry innovations and trends for business owners and tech professionals all over the country.
In case you missed it, here are 14 key takeaways from two of Apper’s brightest minds.
Why Should You Innovate on the Cloud?
Patrick Zulueta, Co-founder and Director of Growth of Apper.ph, shared his insights on how fintechs and SMBs can still innovate while striving to improve customer experience while maintaining their brand’s security.
- The 2020’s will be crowned the decade of digitally conscious customers. In a Pulse Survey by Harvard Business Review, companies who are capable of handling the disruptions of 2020 are those that allow their customers to drive innovation efforts.
- Covid-19 has changed the landscape. 68% of consumers have raised their expectations on convenience and flexibility as factors in purchase decisions, according to Digital Brand Trends by Forbes.
- There is a 3-track approach for innovation leaders: people, process and technology within the organization.
- A compelling narrative to migrate your operations on the cloud is the ability to allocate resources based on your business requirements, along with the flexibility, agility and cost-efficiency that the cloud offers.
- According to an AWS survey of top corporations using the cloud, common advantages they experienced are increased cost savings, boosted staff productivity, sustained operational resilience, and business agility.
- While driving innovations to improve customer experience, be sure to evolve your security posture as well.
- Apper has enabled fintechs like Cashalo, BPI and PayMaya to scale, while remaining secure and resilient.
Cloud Computing and IT Trends for 2021 and Beyond
Apper Digital’s Co-Founder and Principal Cloud Architect Diwa del Mundo shared his acumen on leveraging cloud computing for innovation.
- Cloud computing has helped shape several industries with on-demand delivery of IT resources and applications via the Internet. Amazon Web Services Cloud Computing Service Types such as: Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), Software as a Service (SaaS), Application and Integration Services, Function as a Service (FaaS) were also covered.
- What began with less than 25 cloud services 10 years ago for AWS, to 60 services in 2015 has now nearly quadrupled to 212 cloud services in 2020.
- The AWS Management Console enables accessibility for everything you need to build. Everything is just one click or an API call away.
- The Cloud is so much more than just infrastructure. AWS contains everything you need to build meaningful FinTech innovations.
- If you are building your business or you are a finance professional, here’s what you need to prioritize:
- Understand cloud economics
- Don’t go head first
- Build your organization’s capability
- If you are an executive or a technology leader, ask these questions:
- Are you already on the cloud?
- How are you optimizing cost and automation?
- How do you re-architect to serverless or container technologies
- Here are some trends you need to watch out for: 5G will enable more exciting applications and experiences along with edge computing, AI/ML and IoT.
Want to maximize the cloud? Apper can extend our expertise to accelerate your tech innovations on the cloud.
Introducing the ENGAGE INNOVATE program. For as low as Php 50,000 monthly, you can enhance your ability to innovate and scale!