Apper helps businesses adopt innovations on the cloud. Apper Digital is an accredited AWS Advanced Tier Services Partner, AWS Public Sector Partner, and AWS CloudFormation Delivery Partner. We are also an AWS 50 Certified Partner with over 50+ AWS Certifications within the team.
Apper is expanding its Cloud SysOps Administration team that handles operational, management and monitoring services for its customers under its AWS Managed Services business. We are looking for reliable and competent individuals to perform operational, monitoring, and troubleshooting tasks for our customers.
No. of Available Positions: 2
Distribution: Junior to Mid
Level (Years of Professional IT Experience):
Professional experience as a cloud engineer, system/network administrator, cloud engineer, technical support engineer, systems analyst, systems operator, or cloud architect are required for the position. The ranking is based on the following criteria:
- Junior: 3 years or less of relevant experience
- Mid: 4 – 7 years of relevant experience
Candidates with AWS Certifications, specifically AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate and AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate, are preferred.
Suppose a candidate does not have an AWS Certification. In that case, the candidate must gain AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate and AWS Solutions Architect – Associate certifications in less than five months upon hiring. Apper will provide the necessary enablement programs and support for the candidate to achieve certifications.
Cloud SysOps Administrators have technical and operational skills to run an AWS cloud environment. They demonstrate experience in deploying, managing, and operating workloads in AWS.
The following tasks are examples of the day-to-day responsibilities of Cloud SOAs:
- Troubleshooting production issues by consolidating and analyzing data from AWS sources like Amazon CloudWatch, AWS X-Ray, etc.
- Debug application issues by checking application logs and APM tools
- Modify the configuration of applications and services deployed in Amazon EC2, AWS Lambda, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, Amazon ECS
- Perform deployments manually or via a CI/CD pipeline
- Write technical documentation of operational steps to perform a task (runbooks)
- Write root cause analysis reports
- Modify and deploy AWS CloudFormation templates and stacks
- Perform upgrades in EC2, EBS
- Run load testing scripts
- Provide recommendations for operational issues
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- Good understanding of systems development, operating systems, backend platforms
- Candidates with good knowledge and proficiency in cloud architecture, cloud systems, and operations are preferred
- Good knowledge of networking (IP, subnets, OSI model) and firewalls (stateful, stateless)
- Ability to debug and troubleshoot production issues by
- Experience in writing automated tests and load testing scripts is a plus
- Understanding of CI/CD, unit-testing, integration testing, end-to-end testing
- Good knowledge of information security
A Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (CS, IT, engineering, science, mathematics) is preferred. However, candidates without a bachelor’s degree or non-technical field may be considered depending on past professional experience.
- Resume in PDF format
- Link to LinkedIn profile
- Competitive salary
- Permanent remote/work-from-anywhere setup
- Apple Macbook work laptop + work phone
- Paid Time Offs (Vacation, Sick, Emergency, and Wellness Leave)
- Mental Health Care
- Official Business Allowance
- Internet Allowance
- Enablement programs: Cloud Architecture Mentorship Program (CAMP) and Cloud Development Mentorship Program (CDMP)
- Sponsorship for AWS Certifications: AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate and AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate