Apper helps businesses adopt innovations on the cloud. Apper Digital is an accredited AWS Advanced Tier Services Partner, Public Sector Partner, and AWS CloudFormation Delivery Partner. We are also an AWS 50 Certified Partner with over 50+ AWS Certifications within the team.
Apper will lead the implementation of DevOps engineering projects for its partner businesses to increase software velocity and improve release turn-around time. To support the company’s requirements, Apper is in need of two (2) talented DevOps Engineers dedicated to supporting the upcoming cloud implementation projects.
This is a full-time and permanent work from home position offering a competitive package and training and certification opportunities for those who will be hired.
No. of Available Positions: 2
- 2 Mid
Level (Years of Professional IT Experience):
Professional experience as a software developer, DevOps engineer, system/network administrator, cloud engineer, technical support engineer, systems analyst, systems operator, or cloud architect are required in order to be considered for the position. The ranking is based on the following criteria:
- Mid: 4 – 7 years
Candidates with AWS Certifications, specifically AWS Certified DevOps Engineer – Professional, AWS Certified Developer – Associate, and AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate, are preferred. If a candidate does not have an AWS Certification, he will be required to gain AWS Certified Developer – Associate, and AWS Solutions Architect – Associate certifications in less than five months upon hiring. Apper will provide the necessary enablement programs and support for the candidate to achieve certifications.
To better understand the role of a Cloud DevOps Engineer, the term DevOps must be defined. DevOps is a portmanteau of the words “development” and “operations”. Traditionally, these roles are siloed which increases the time to release software. By combining these roles into a single team and integrating skills, DevOps engineers accelerate the software release cycle by automating the software delivery, minimizing manual processes, and maximizing operational efficiency.
- Here is an excerpt from AWS that clearly defines the DevOps Model:
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- Programming skills in at least one of the following languages:
- Experience in architecting, development, and operating workloads in AWS are a huge plus.
- Good understanding of systems development, operating systems, backend platforms
- Candidates with good knowledge and proficiency in cloud architecture, cloud systems, and operations are preferred
- Candidates with application development skills (frontend, mobile app, API and platform development) are preferred
- Good knowledge of networking (IP, subnets, OSI model) and firewalls (stateful, stateless)
- Experience in writing automated tests and load testing scripts is a plus
- Understanding of CI/CD, unit-testing, integration testing, end-to-end testing
- Good knowledge of information security
A Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (CS, IT, engineering, science, mathematics) is preferred. However, candidates without a bachelor’s degree or non-technical field may be considered depending on past professional experience.
- Resume in PDF format
- Link to Github profile
- Link to LinkedIn profile
- 12-months project contract with a competitive salary
- Apple Macbook work machine
- Enablement programs: Cloud Architecture Mentorship Program (CAMP) and Cloud Development Mentorship Program (CDMP)
- Sponsorship for AWS Certifications: AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate and AWS Certified Developer – Associate
- 100% work from home setup with Internet bill reimbursement